UK-BNO-230019. DOP: January 2023.
Trust BOTOX® for your patients with post-stroke spasticity (PSS)
Early identification should affect course of intervention in PSS, which will be key for patients' outcomes.11
- Allergan. Data on file. INT/0423/2016(1). 2018.
- Aurora S K, Winner P et al. OnabotulinumtoxinA for treatment of chronic migraine: pooled analyses of the 56-week PREEMPT clinical program. Headache 2011;51(9):1358-1373
- Blumenfeld A M, Stark R J et al. Long-term study of the efficacy and safety of OnabotulinumtoxinA for the prevention of chronic migraine: COMPEL study. J Headache Pain 2018;19(1):13
- Allergan. Data on file. 014
- BOTOX® Summary of Product Characteristics. Available at: www.medicines.org.uk. Accessed October 2022
- Brashear A, Gordon MF et al. Intramuscular injection of botulinum toxin for the treatment of wrist and finger spasticity after a stroke. NEJM 2002; 347:395-400
- Kaji R, Osako Y et al. Botulinum toxin type A in post-stroke lower limb spasticity: a multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. J Neurol. 2010;257(8):1330-7
- Gordon MF, Brashear A et al. Repeated dosing of botulinum toxin type A for upper limb spasticity following stroke. Neurology. 2004 ;63(10):1971-3
- Allergan. Data on file. INT/0572/2016(2). 2019
- Naumann M, Albanese A et al. Safety and efficacy of botulinum toxin type A following long-term use. Eur J Neurol. 2006;13 Suppl 4:35-40
- Wissel J, Verrier M et al. Post-stroke spasticity: predictors of early development and considerations for therapeutic intervention. PM R. 2015;7(1):60-7
Please refer to the BOTOX® Summary of Product Characteristics for further information on adverse events, contraindications and special warnings and precautions for use.
Adverse events should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/ or via the MHRA Yellow Card app, available in the Google Play or Apple App Stores.
Adverse events should also be reported to AbbVie on [email protected]
Date of preparation: October 2022. UK-BTX-220205.