UK-BCM-220070. DOP: April 2022.
NHS Rightcare has developed a toolkit for optimising a headache and migraine care system5
The RightCare Headache and Migraine Toolkit: a pathway to provide clinicians with expert practical advice and guidance in order to:
- address the challenges of migraine and headache prevalence, and the associated disability and impact on productivity
- improve healthcare economics around migraine and headache
- benefit the patient by reducing unnecessary healthcare visits and improving overall outcomes
The toolkit identifies four priorities for system improvement. Explore the following diagram to discover the key areas for focus in each priority:
System improvement priorities5
The NHS Getting It Right First Time review of neurology gives recommendations for the management of common and chronic neurological disorders, including headache
BOTOX® (botulinum toxin type A) is indicated for the prophylaxis of headaches in adults with chronic migraine (headaches on at least 15 days per month of which at least 8 days are with migraine).6
CM: chronic migraine.
- Allergan. Data on file. INT/0423/2016
- Aurora S K, Winner P et al. OnabotulinumtoxinA for treatment of chronic migraine: pooled analyses of the 56-week PREEMPT clinical program. Headache 2011;51(9):1358-1373
- Blumenfeld A M, Stark R J et al. Long-term study of the efficacy and safety of OnabotulinumtoxinA for the prevention of chronic migraine: COMPEL study. J Headache Pain 2018;19(1):13
- Allergan. Data on file. 014
- NHS RightCare. Headache and Migraine Toolkit optimising a headache and migraine system. Available at: england.nhs.uk. Accessed April 2022
- BOTOX® Summary of Product Characteristics. Available at: medicines.org.uk. Accessed April 2022
Please refer to the BOTOX® Summary of Product Characteristics for further information on adverse events, contraindications and special warnings and precautions for use.
Adverse events should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/
Adverse events should also be reported to AbbVie on [email protected]
Date of preparation: April 2022. UK-BCM-220078.