UK-BCM-220070. DOP: April 2022.
BOTOX® is a treatment option for the prophylaxis of headaches in adults with chronic migraine, with proven efficacy and a safety and tolerability profile from over 30 years of global experience across multiple indications.1-5
BOTOX® (botulinum toxin type A) is indicated for the prophylaxis of headaches in adults with chronic migraine (headaches on at least 15 days per month of which at least 8 days are with migraine).5
How likely are you to prescribe BOTOX® for chronic migraine?
Chronic migraine can be an incapacitating and isolating disease.6,7 Listen to Kayte, a patient with chronic migraine who describes her own experience.
CM: chronic migraine.
- Allergan. Data on file. INT/0423/2016
- Aurora S K, Winner P et al. OnabotulinumtoxinA for treatment of chronic migraine: pooled analyses of the 56-week PREEMPT clinical program. Headache 2011;51(9):1358-1373
- Blumenfeld A M, Stark R J et al. Long-term study of the efficacy and safety of OnabotulinumtoxinA for the prevention of chronic migraine: COMPEL study. J Headache Pain 2018;19(1):13
- Allergan. Data on file. 014
- BOTOX® Summary of Product Characteristics. Available at: medicines.org.uk. Accessed April 2022
- Weatherall M W. The diagnosis and treatment of chronic migraine. Ther Adv Chronic Dis 2015;6(3):115-123
- Buse D C, Manack A et al. Sociodemographic and comorbidity profiles of chronic migraine and episodic migraine sufferers. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2010;81(4):428-432
Please refer to the BOTOX® Summary of Product Characteristics for further information on adverse events, contraindications and special warnings and precautions for use.
Adverse events should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/
Adverse events should also be reported to AbbVie on [email protected]
Date of preparation: April 2022. UK-BCM-220046.